Focus – A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction: Part 24
- Published: Monday, 24 September 2018 17:24
Leo Babauta – USA
“An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.”
– Henry David Thoreau
The simple act of walking can be a tremendous boost to your focus, productivity, clarity of mind, not to mention your health and waistline.
The simple act of WALKING…..
Recently a fellow blogger wrote to me talking about how many pounds she lost on vacation because she walked all day long — something many of us have experienced. She ended by saying, “If only I could find the time to walk 6 hours a day.”
That got me to ask — why not? Why can’t we work out a routine where we walk all day long?
What follows are a couple of radical but incredibly fulfilling and productive changes from most people’s daily routine. I think they’re worthy of consideration if you:
- have any control over your schedule;
- can work from different locations;
- want to get more active and trim your waistline; and
- need to find new ways to focus and get important things done.
I recently tried both these routines and loved them and am working them into my life in different ways.