1. What’s your name, where are you from and how long have you been a member of the TS?
I am Swathi, from: Bangalore (India) and I have been a members since December 2008 (But I have been associated with TS since 3 generations)
2. Are you active in your Lodge/Section and if so, what do you do?
Yes, I have delivered few lectures on “Yoga” in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Bhowali. I have also been an active volunteer, organising the youth camp in those three locations.
3. How did you first learn about Theosophy or come in contact with the Society?
I have been introduced to TS by my parents. Both my paternal and maternal grandparents have been part of TS too.
4. What does Theosophy mean to you?
It means a source of Para Vidhya (i.e. higher learning or learning related to the Self)
5. What is your favorite Theosophical book and why?
There are many books, but to name a few At the Feet of the Master, I Promise, Man and his Bodies, The Chakras, and a lot more.
6. What in your opinion is the biggest challenge the TS is facing at the moment?
TS knowledge is less known to the outside, and to a larger community.
7. Is there anything you would wish for the future of the Theosophical Movement?
There should be more youth conventions
From the editor:
Opinions and ideas expressed in the mini-interviews are exclusively of those who are being interviewed. They don’t necessarily represent the ideas and opinions of the compilers of Theosophy Forward. The responses of the interviewees are not edited for content. Some contributors give short answers to the questions while others touch upon the subject more elaborately.