Focus – A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction: Part 17
- Published: Tuesday, 13 December 2016 06:01
Leo Babauta -USA
A simplicity manifesto in the Age of Distraction: Part 17
Letting go of goals
“By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won
by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The
world is beyond the winning.”
– Lao Tzu
One of the unshakable tenets of success and productivity literature is that you need to have goals in order to be successful.
And from this tenet comes all sorts of other beliefs:
- You need to set goals the right way (such as the SMART method).
- You need to break goals down into actionable tasks.
- You need to have deadlines and timeframes.
- You need to make goals the focus of your day.
I know this, because I’ve believed it and lived it and written about it, for a long time.